Thursday, October 05, 2006

10/5/06 Humberto Hungry

I've been a bit, uh, how shall we say... under the weather lately. So, if you've called or emailed or whatever and I haven't responded. That's why. And if my posts become sporadic - that's also why. And if you feel like picking up groceries for me, my door is open.

I've done zero research on the subject, but I'm pretty convinced that the Chicago Bears are ranked #1 in the NFL for the first time since online rankings started. Because there's no way they've been #1 in the last 15 years. Which got me to wondering - why are they so good this year? I think I found the answer - they're hungry.

Question: What's Infinity times two? Answer: 40,000. (The joke kind of made sense in my "under the weather" head. But I realize it's both dumb and a stretch, so if you don't get it, don't worry.)

As a kid I couldn't wait to see Weird Al's videos on TV (because I was white and nerdy then too). I would sometimes wait years before seeing certain videos. Well, technology has made the world a very different place. Now you can click here and see some guy's top 10 Weird Al videos ever.

Poker Jason sends a link to a dude reciting pi to 100,000 places. In "only" 16 hours. Awesome.

If you're like me, you sit up nights, thinking to yourself... Hey, I wonder what Biff from "Back to the Future" is up to. And, if you're like me, you searched YouTube and found this.

Then I found one of my favorite stand up comedy clips - Pablo Something-or-Other doing lots of great voice-overs.

Oh, and I was kidding about the whole reciting pi and it being awesome. It's actually really sad. The guy should be using his ability and decoding some sort of "Beautiful Mind" military puzzle instead.

No comments: