Wednesday, June 20, 2007

6/20/07 There's No Need To Fear

The Nacho Expert sends some extraordinary news. The subject of his email was "You're Gonna Love It". That's an understatement. I'm outright giddy. I'm calling it right now - Best Picture of 2007 - Underdog.

When I was 5 years old and in kindergarten, I watched Underdog every day. I went to afternoon kindergarten and gleefully anticipated watching Underdog late in the morning just before I left for school. At some point during that year, the network moved Underdog to the early afternoon so that I'd have to miss it. I wrote a letter to the network to complain. Seriously. I was a dork then too. There was really no stopping the dorkiness. It was in me from day one. Years later I found that very letter, written in crayon, somewhere in the house. My mom admitted that she never sent it. It's possible that the letter still exists. And if it does, I'll have it scanned and put it up.

-----

I like pausing DVR during newscasts and other shows with people talking into the camera. Despite their professional presence in real time, they make some pretty goofy faces on pause. If I had any motivation I'd start a website.

----

The winner to yesterday's Kobe contest is no one. I'm sure the video is floating out there somewhere. And I'd love to see it.

-----





-----



-----

I was talking to a friend the other day about "Paranoid Android". This is for that friend:

1 comment:

kyle t. said...

I saw a trailer for that new Underdog movie a couple of months ago.

It looks patently awful.