Sunday, June 24, 2007

6/24/07 1408

I had a first today. I read a story and saw the same movie in the same day. It was 1408. For the first time since I saw "The Ring" about four years ago, I came home feeling shivers and looking over my shoulder. Pardon the language, but 1408 is just a mind fuck. It's still hovering in the back of my mind. During the movie, I had goosebumps and the hair on my arms stood up. If you're into that kind of thing, I highly recommend it. If you want to read it first (I did and it didn't ruin the experience one bit), find yourself a copy of Stephen King's "Everything's Eventual". From what I hear, the audio version of the story is even better. Given the lousy track record of Stephen King stories moving to the big screen, the screenplay writers did a tremendous job.

-----

In other news, my Total Recall friend (no name just yet - not until I come up with a suitable nickname) said that she used to repair theremins. And that the Moog Etherwave Theremin is a pretty good one. She also claims to be pretty good at playing it. She also couldn't believe I didn't know what a theremin was. Just like misspelling "cilice" by every letter, I've learned that there is still plenty I don't know about.

-----

No comments: