Monday, July 02, 2007

7/2/07 We Stand on Guard for Thee

Let's do this backwards. First I'm going to wish you a festive and safe 4th of July. When holidays like the 4th are on a Wednesday, you usually have one of two extremes. You either get the day off and do something low key like going to see fireworks. Or you just go nuts and have yourself a 5 day weekend. The reason I'm talking about the 4th two days early is that I'm choosing the latter. And I will be offline for the remainder of the week. Just so you won't miss me too much, I'll leave you with some extra videos to help hold you over until Monday. But this isn't about me. It's about having fun this week with the holiday. Enjoy yourself. Get some sun. And don't blow off any limbs or anything stupid like that.

------

Conservatives are claiming that sites like Wikipedia are liberally biased. So they've started their own site called Conservapedia. It appears very fair minded. As an example, I searched on Barack Obama. From the entry:

"In June 2007 the Chicago Sun-Times reported Obama had actually recieved nearly three times more campaign cash from indicted slum landlord Tony Rezko and his associates than Obama has publicly acknowledged."

"Senator Barack Obama's political views have been a matter of controversy even before he put himself forward as a Presidential Candidate. Former House Majority leader Tom DeLay has described Obama's record in the Illinois Senate as that of a “Marxist leftist.”"

------

This is a fun card trick sent by Luis:



-----

Since I talked about Canada's national anthem yesterday and stated it's my 2nd favorite national anthem, I figured that I'd take some time and give you my top five. Here they are:

#5 - Kazakhstan



#4 - The United Arab Emirates (The video is really well done and earned its way into the top five. And the fact that they didn't feel like using words also earned them bonus points.)

It's un-embeddable. Here's the link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fpj1248svE

#3 - Radiohead



#2 - Oh, Canada



#1 - U.S.S.R.



As an added bonus, my favorite rendition of the Star Spangled Banner:

No comments: