Monday, July 23, 2007

7/23/07 I Glued My Head to My Shoulder

Harry "Friggin" Potter. Ok. I'm done. We can talk. Just not here. This is still a No Spoiler Zone. I set a personal record of 53 hours from start to finish. I know for a fact that some of you finished WAY earlier. I don't know about you, but I don't think my eyes are going to recover for another 53 hours.

This Harry Potter book sold 8.3 million copies in the first 24 hours. But here's a bet you can make with your friends... Tell them that it won't be a New York Times Best Seller. In fact, tell them it won't crack the top ten.

-----

This afternoon, as I was moving sporadically from my couch to my bed to my toilet to my kitchen and back to my couch - With Harry Potter in hand - Through the window I overheard my upstairs neighbor exclaim, "This is a GREAT CD! It's Nickelback!" I stopped reading. Laughed. And wrote down the quote.

-----

Cousin Jeff sends a fantastic logic puzzle. It takes knowledge of Texas Hold 'em. It took me more time than expected to find a solution. Good luck.

I was ahead pre-flop, flop, and the turn, but no matter what card comes on the river, at best I split the pot.

What do I have, what does my opponent have, and what does the board look like?

(Note: I only have one opponent. And by "ahead", I would win the hand then and there. Not "ahead" in a percentage sense.)

------

Old and busted: Computer vs. chess player. New hotness: Computer vs. poker player.

------

In honor of the new Simpsons movie, Darrell sends Ben and Jerry's newest ice cream - Duff & D'oh-Nuts.

------

I have a confession to make - I'm thinking about going into rehab.

-----

Finally - An homage to my favorite Simpsons character....



No comments: