Sunday, July 22, 2007

7/22/07 Deathly Hallows

Has there ever been a book release like this final installment of Harry Potter? Even I've gone a tad gaga. After thinking about standing in line with a bunch of kids and their parents on Friday night, I decided to pick up my copy on Saturday morning instead. My biggest fear is that somebody is going to ruin the story. So I make this promise. We are in a NO SPOILER zone. However, feel free to let us know when you're finished reading. That way, those of you who are finished can discuss. My brother's rule seems to be the best... If you ruin anything, you get punched in the nose; regardless of age. That applies here, too.

I'm so paranoid about hearing a spoiler that I seriously considered not going to a pool party today. Between kids and drunk people, I didn't like the chances of being in public. Eventually I went. With my book. BUT... (I'm such a loser, I know), I swapped the Harry Potter cover with a Stephen King cover. So nobody would bother asking me about it. Ironically, the dude I was sitting next to was also reading it. And he removed the cover too, for similar reasons. My buddy was able to concentrate better than me over all of the music and other noise. I finally asked him how he was able to concentrate. He bluntly replied - "There isn't a whole lot that can distract me from good looking girls in bikinis. But this story is THAT good." Thus far, I'm in complete agreement.

In case you're wondering, I'm on page 268. (I was born a slow reader - What can I say?) I hope to be at least halfway done by tonight. I'm guessing that I'll either finish late, late tomorrow night or sometime Tuesday. I'll let you know when I do. So if you're done, we can compare notes.

------

Are you into the whole "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wizard of Oz" thing? If so, you may also enjoy "Willy Wonka" with Rush's "2112".



------

I actually want to get back to Harry Potter. So I'm done for now. But I'll leave you with this.... Prison inmates re-enacting "Thriller".

No comments: