Tuesday, October 18, 2005

10/18/05 White Sox World Series Tickets

Did you try to get your World Series tickets today? I know my mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, aunts, uncles and cousins were all trying. And last I heard, nobody got through. First off, I'd like to hear a story about somebody who actually got tickets using the Ticketmaster method today at noon CST. Secondly, I'd like to know where all of these White Sox fans came from. Also, I'd like to know what the call volume and internet volume was during that first half hour of ticket sales. I'm sure it was insane. I was on the internet and had 2 phones going, calling Ticketmaster in Arkansas and Indiana. I looked like the guy from Airplane! "Auntie Em! Where's Toto? It's a twister! It's a twister!"

UPDATE - Tickets sold out in 18 minutes.

You can try and enter a sweepstakes for 2 tickets to the game on Sunday.

Does anyone have a urinal in their house? Why do they only exist in public restrooms? All of the urinals at work were taken and I had to use a stall for number 1. Why did that seem strange to me? I use a regular toilet all the time at home. It's just like using a straw. There's something about needing a straw when you go out to eat. But when you're at home, do you ever use a straw? No, you just drink out of the glass. Why do we have different needs and expectations when we're in public? If I ever buy a house, I'm going to put a urinal in there. Just cuz.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian's father-in-law has one in his house, in the same bathroom as the composting toilet. It was a 30th wedding anniversary gift from his wife.

Anonymous said...

I guess it wouldn't have been a bad act of commerce to try to get these so-called "World Series" tickets. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

that last one was me, not sure why it didn't take ... not trying to hide!