Saturday, October 08, 2005

10/8/05 How Your Kidneys Work

A while back I thought about the Beavis and Butthead episode where the conversation goes something like this:

Beavis: "Ahh! My liver!"
Butthead: "Lower down dude."
Beavis: (Moves hands down to his crotch) - "My liver! My liver!"

It got me to thinking. I don't know human anatomy for shit. So, in my studies online, I learned how your kidneys work. I learned that:
"Your kidneys weigh about 0.5 percent of your total body weight. Although the kidneys are small organs by weight, they receive a huge amount -- 20 percent -- of the blood pumped by the heart."

Teach yourself how to talk more awesome.

Enjoy this video. Er, something.

Toys in the 80's ruled.

Speaking of the 80's - A lot of people wonder why my generation grew up to be kind of screwed up. I think educational videos like this might help explain things a little.

Also speaking of the 80's - That is the worst idea ever.

No comments: