Friday, October 07, 2005

My Baby Does the Hanky Panky

Normally the Nacho Expert is responsible for any deep-like thought. But I just had to get these two thoughts off my chest...

Thought 1 - You know the song "My baby does the hanky panky"? Is the dude just really excited that his girlfriend puts out? Cuz that's all he says over and over again. It's has to be, by far, one of the most unimagintive songs ever recorded. Plus, I thought the censors were pretty strict back in those days. What happened?

Thought 2 - Since I'm driving to work now, I'm stuck listening to goofy morning radio shows. That is until I hit the library and start the Book-on-tape thing. Norm MacDonald was a guest on some show this morning - A show where there's a woman with the smoker's voice in charge and two dudes as sidekicks who pretty much just laugh at everything. It's like 2 Paul Shaffers and a female David Letterman. It's on 98.7 FM in case you live in Southern California. Anyways - Norm MacDonald brought up an interesting point (which I'm sure he came up with one night while he was baked out of his mind). He talked about how the telephone was such a great invention. It goes without saying that it's pretty amazing that you can talk to someone, anywhere in the world, anytime you want. He then compared the phone to the internet and email - Where you can simply write to someone anytime, anywhere. Years from now, looking back, wouldn't you think that you'd be able to write to someone before you could talk to them?

I just realized, now that I wrote them, that both of these thoughts suck. But I just spent the time typing them out, so I'm going to post them anyways.

No comments: