Saturday, October 22, 2005

10/22/05 We Don't Have a Curse. But We Have a Jenks.

(Thanks to Cousin Jeff for sending this photo - You've been a real sport during this entire playoff run. I don't think I could be half as kind as you have been if your Cubbies were in the same situation.)

"We Don't Have a Curse. But We Have a Jenks."

That was my favorite sign at Game 1 of the World Series. It was tied with "Houston. You have a problem."

Does anybody else get a kick out of Ozzie's call to the bullpen for Jenks? The one where he puts his arms out along his sides suggesting "I want the big guy".

I've done nothing but read about the White Sox and watch the White Sox for the past few days. So I really have very little else to post.

I've posted this before a while back - "Outfoxed examines how media empires, led by Rupert Murdoch's Fox News, have been running a "race to the bottom" in television news. This film provides an in-depth look at Fox News and the dangers of ever-enlarging corporations taking control of the public's right to know." Thanks to Mike for reminding me about the site. He highly recommends watching the movie if you get a chance.

Did I mention how much the White Sox rule? "These are special times" - Charlotte Dan.

Three More Wins.

No comments: