Wednesday, February 07, 2007

2/7/07 Dear Little Buttercup

Once again, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about Rex Grossman. (If you find this disturbing, as I do, feel free to stop reading here). But this time I thought about how Rex Grossman was somehow a metaphor for life. That each of us, in our own way, have something that isn't quite perfect about ourselves. And that sometimes, you just need to do your best with what you have, hoping that, with hard work and dedication, you can succeed despite your shortcomings. It was at this point that I did a few things: 1) I wondered why I was thinking about Rex Grossman at 4:12am, 2) I thought that this metaphor was absolute genius (which, after I woke up for good, realized that it's pretty retarded) and then 3) I went back to sleep. While this probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense, perhaps, in terms of a modified quote from "The Three Amigos" it might:

"In a way, each of us has a Rex Grossman to face. For some, shyness might be their Rex Grossman. For others, a lack of education might be their Rex Grossman. For the Chicago Bears, Rex Grossman is an undersized, poor decision-maker of a quarterback who single handedly destroyed their chances of a Superbowl victory. But as sure as my love for nachos, the Chicago Bears can conquer their own personal Rex Grossman, who also happens to be *the actual* Rex Grossman!"

What's the point here? That it's not our shortcomings and difficulties in life that define us. It's how we deal with them that does.

------

On that note, Poker Jason sends a Superbowl wager that we should all be glad we didn't make - A dude lost a bet and is changing his name to Peyton Manning. (For comedy sake, I hope this guy also has a pouty face).

------

On that same note, Rush Limbaugh is adding his expert insight on the Superbowl - "[T]hey're dumping on" Grossman "because he is a white quarterback". (For those of you who have heard my recent Rush Limbaugh story, this is a little extra funny. If you want to know the story, ask me - I'll tell you in private.)

------

In case you missed Cousin Jeff's comment yesterday... Pitcher Joel Zumaya hurt his arm during the playoffs by playing Guitar Hero (the same game I mentioned that was awesome).

No comments: