Thursday, December 07, 2006

12/7/06 Turk Turkleton

As I was saying yesterday, the holidays are made, and made better by the women in our lives. Continuing with that spirit, Neighbor Natalie sends a timeless classic - Ding Fries are Done. (She also deserves a lot of credit for starting the little holiday spirit I'm starting to show.)

-----

I found a fantastic college acappella group while scouring MySpace yesterday. (This will probably interest only 2 of you. Namely Mr. Abrams and my brother). They're called Off the Beat. If you check their music, they do some pretty awesome stuff. You know, most acappella groups do your typical U2 and Sting and pretty "normal" arrangements. This group does System of a Down, Breaking Benjamin's "So Cold", Coldplay, The Killers, Radiohead, Spacehog's "In the Meantime", A Perfect Circle... The list goes on. They're a lot of fun. Their site also led me to Acappella U - A podcast dedicated to college acapella. (Again, probably only 2 of you interested, but it's awesome nonetheless).

--------

We're taking a poll. Ok, I'm taking a poll.

Question: Which sporting event video makes you cringe/the most queasy while watching it?

Video 1

Video 2

To be perfectly honest, I had never seen either one until today.

-----

1% of the world's population owns 40% of the wealth. I'm not particularly surprised by that. But, I didn't know that, if you are worth $61,000 in total assets, you are wealthier than 90% of the people in the world. And, if you are worth $500,000, you crack that elite 1%. On the very sad end of the scale, 50% of all people own 1% of everything. Something to think about.

-----

Scrubs makes me happy.

No comments: