Friday, January 14, 2005

1/14/05 DEFCON

A couple of years ago over dinner, my cousins, brother and I developed our own personal "DEFCON system". At the time we felt pretty clever, and still do to this day. But we know that nobody else really thinks we're that funny. Years ago the government developed the DEFCON system - It stands for Defense Conditions. The only reason I know this is from watching War Games with Matthew Broderick. The official definitions are:

DEFCON 5 Normal peacetime readiness
DEFCON 4 Normal, increased intelligence and strengthened security measures
DEFCON 3 Increase in force readiness above normal readiness
DEFCON 2 Further Increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness
DEFCON 1 Maximum force readiness

Our definitions, however similar, had to do with our deuce dropping readiness. Or, more to the point, how long it was going to be before we had to shit. We've yet to come up with official definitions, but I think we agreed that DEFCON 1 meant that we soiled our britches. Honestly I have no idea why I'm posting this other than the fact that I had a really long, weird day and felt like sharing this bit of information for anyone kind enough to read this blog.

I have no idea where The Price is Right finds their contestants. But seriously, calling this guy a spaz wouldn't be completely accurate.

And finally, to accurately describe my day, I gave VirtuallyLost.net a good once over. I'm still way confused, so it's probably time to get some shut eye.

No comments: