Sunday, January 16, 2005

1/16/05 C-3PO Cereal

Everyone who ate C-3PO cereal as a kid, raise your hand. I don't recall this cereal existing, but there's even a commercial. How stupid did they think we were to eat C-3PO cereal? Each piece looks like a figure eight (or maybe the letter "B"). What in the hell does that have to do with C-3P0? My guess is that the Alpha-Bits machine got stuck on "B" overnight, and Kelloggs didn't want to throw them out. At the bottom of the page there are links for Rainbow Brite Cereal, Mr. T Cereal, and Bill & Ted's Excellent Cereal.

Need your TI Calculator to run a little faster? Wanna be the coolest kid in your high school? Here's how to overclock your TI.

And she would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for those meddling kids.

I played my first real organized game of Texas Hold 'Em poker tonight. After one outing, I'm already starting to get hooked. In its simplest form, it combines the skills of sitting on your ass for 4 hours, deceiving your friends and trying to take their money. It's pretty sad, now that I give it a little thought. On the bright side I made money for only the 3rd time in 6 months. The other 2 times were karaoke, and yes, gambling. What kind of lesson is this for me to be learning?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on joining the world of tournament poker. it's great fun but sometimes sucks. trust me, as the guy who finished 22nd out of 207 on saturday at the (insert whoever our corporate sponsor was here) mba poker championships ... 2 spots out of the money.

- cousin jeff

Anonymous said...

It can certainly be fun, but on the other hand can royally suck too, let's say if one were to finish 19th out of a field of 19, just hypothetically speaking of course.

-Charlotte Dan