Sunday, March 20, 2005

3/20/05 Cell Phone Madness

I went to buy a cell phone about a year and a half ago and, when asked what I was looking for, I said, "A phone that makes and receives calls. Oh, and it would be nice if it stores phone numbers." What I got was, "This one has an internet browser and a camera phone." "I don't think you heard me, jackass." I responded. "I want the cheapest phone that works." Since my wonderful shopping experience back in 2003, downloadable ring tones have become insanely popular. I refuse to pay for a ring tone. It's that simple. If I want to hear my favorite song, I'll listen to it elsewhere. I don't need to show off the first few, low audio quality bars of Neil Diamond's "America" for the rest of the world to hear. The last thing we need is an entire office of people humming, "Everywhere around the world... They're coming to America". Wait, where was I? Oh yeah, something I learned today. I got sidetracked when I saw that the Japanese are actually reading full length novels on their cell phones. Is there some sort of severe tree shortage in Japan where they can't buy books? It's these fads that will seem as ridiculous in 10 years as fanny packs seem now that make me want to move to Montana.

I found AmIAnnoying.com. So far I haven't come across my picture. Or yours, for that matter.

How's your bracket? How many of your final four are left? I'll admit I had Wake Forest in my final four. But my other 3 are intact. Go Illini!

No comments: