Thursday, September 14, 2006

9/14/06 Your Tax Dollars at Work

Congress is hoping to create a search engine to show where your tax dollars go.

I browsed the billboard #1 hits of the past 20 years. Turns out that crappy music isn't just a recent phenomenon. I mean, Kris Kross on top of the charts for 2 months? Snow? That "Bad Day" song was on top for 5 weeks earlier this year?! 14 straight weeks of the Macarena? Ace of Base? Shouldn't we be collectively ashamed of this? The challenge I present - Out of the #1 songs of the past 20 years, which one is your favorite? Go ahead. Challenge yourself. Find one song you really like. I'll post my answer at the bottom. I guarantee you'll never guess mine. (Hint: It's not Nickelback).

It's always fun looking back at "expert" predictions after the fact. I found ESPN Expert predictions for the 2006 MLB Season. I can safely say that, based on their predictions, The Indians and Braves have had the most disappointing seasons.

Speaking of baseball - Where does your favorite ballpark rank in the fan value index? (The results may surprise you).

.
.
.
.
.
.

Don't look

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Not yet

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

-.-- -.-- --.. (That's morse code for YYZ and also the rhythm to Rush's song of the same name)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Lose Yourself" Eminem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what's your answer?

I found 5 that I like enough to write down, and my favorite is probably Livin on a Prayer, 1987, My favorite from the last 5 years is Lose Yourself - Eminem at his best.

The other thing I noticed is how different the styles have become. The "3 rappers banding together" or "female artist with a rapper" genre has been almost totally dominant in the last 3 years.