Tuesday, September 05, 2006

9/5/06 The Unofficial End of Summer

A few of my friends were getting a little teary eyed yesterday, as Labor Day tends to mark the unofficial end to summer. Then today, in some sort of summer to fall transition, I somehow got into a whole bunch of conversations about all of the new TV shows starting this week. Which sadly is what a lot of us have to look forward to. Confessions came out of the woodworks today. People started to tell me how they cancelled plans on certain nights of the week for TV shows. So, here comes the game. It's called "How sad am I?" What are you doing to make sure you watch your favorite show? I'll go first - I made sure to watch all 3 of my Netflix DVDs over the long weekend, so that I'll have Lost: Season 2, disks 1-3 in my mailbox when I get back home. AND - I'm hoping to watch the entirety of season 2 before season 3 premieres on October 4th.

--------

I'm slowly moving up the online poker ranks. I actually find it easier to play at the more expensive tables. The players tend to respect your bets and you're not playing for all of your chips in the first 5 minutes. It's real poker with real skill. Today I made a raise after the flop with QJ and a flop of Q 4 2 and two diamonds. The initial bettor goes all in for 4 times my raise. I write in the chat box, "Re-he-he-eally?" He immediately responds, "Bumblebee Tuna". So, the fact that he got the Ace Ventura reference, I gave him respect and folded.

-----

What ever happened to those After Dark screen savers with the flying toasters? I miss those.

-----

I've spent my evening trying to figure out what's permitted/prohibited on airplanes nowadays. Under "Permitted", the fourth bullet point reads:

"Up to 4 oz. of essential non-prescription liquid medications including saline solution, eye care products and KY jelly "

The whole "taking it up the ass" joke just writes itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my roommate and I went through the entire season 3 of nip/tuck DVDs in a week (they came out last Tuesday) so we would be ready for the 1st episode of season 4 today.

Of course, neither of us were home at 9 tonight so it's waiting on the DVR.

Louise said...

LOL! Great picture!