Monday, September 18, 2006

9/18/06 The Dharma Initiative


It's Confession Time: Season 2. This is a follow up to my confession about the show "Lost". Last time I said that I returned all 3 of my Netflix DVDs at the same time, so I'd have discs 1, 2 and 3 arrive at the same time. I started watching Season 2 exactly 8 days ago on a Sunday night. The plan was to finish them by the season premiere in a few weeks. Well, a week later, I've completed all 6 DVDs. 24 hour-long episodes. I'm a sick human being. I swear that I'm not some sort of recluse - I do have a job. And I have at least one friend who can vouch that I'm not 100% anti-social. But I've never looked forward to a TV show before like I did this one. It's like a Scooby Doo mystery for adults. Except the guy who disappeared after the first 5 minutes isn't the one behind the mask (or is he?). So I fed my nasty addiction, knowing that today, I'd suffer the inevitable withdrawal. (fortunately, I can now start surfing all of the "Lost" discussion boards without worrying about spoilers). You have until October 4th to catch up ("Lost" is the only show I can think of where, you have no choice but to start watching at the very beginning or it'll make no sense whatsoever) - At which point you're invited to join me for the season 3 premiere.

I don't think I'm spoiling anything by writing this, but in case you're super sensitive, don't read anymore... Ok, I started to read "Lost" message boards since everyone has theories as to where they are and what the numbers mean and just about everything else that's going on. The message boards are its own online culture. There's all sorts of amazing crackhead stuff out there. Which led me to research The Philadelphia Experiment and The Montauk Project. They're both military experiments with super high electromagnetic fields, both of which are of questionable historical accuracy.

That's it. I didn't learn anything else. 4 8 15 16 23 42. Execute.

No comments: