Friday, January 12, 2007

1/12/07 BlinkX

As you know, any time I get an IM or email from Google Nicki, I get a little excited. (Not like that... she's married with a kid due any day now). It's just that she's "in" with the techie "in crowd". I get an IM today with no conversation - it's simply a link to BlinkX. I click the link and it looks like YouTube. So I write, "How is this different from YouTube or Google Video?" She writes, "Wall it". Instead of seeming like a retard and asking what "Wall it" means, I go back to the BlinkX page. I scroll over the bunch of videos and the interface is fun. Maybe that's what she meant by "Wall it". But, why wouldn't she just say "Scroll over the videos"? I'm still trying to figure out what's so cool about this page. I ask her if the videos are real time (like the actual news). She says no. I remain confused.

I briefly begin to think that I'm just getting too old and I just don't know the lingo anymore. (Not that I ever really did - I'm just falling farther and farther behind). So I search for... you guessed it... "nachos". The results were lame - but I know that Google Nicki wouldn't send me something so lame. But I'm still too proud to ask (plus I was busy with another IM conversation and had 4 IE windows open). Then, it hits me. There's a button that reads "Wall it!" Ohhh... that's what she was talking about. And then it strikes me. A futuristic looking bunch of videos with my search results. So BlinkX is the fun site for the weekend.

----------

I don't want Cousin Eric to think that his link is any less important because it's the 2nd story for today. But it kind of is. He sends a domino knocking down game. (Which is very thoughtful because we all know how much I love watching dominoes fall over).

----------

You know what I love about tacos? Everything.

----------

Here's a quick confession.... I just did the laziest thing ever. (Hopefully you can appreciate this). I forgot what movies I had at home from Netflix. They're sitting on my TV about 8 feet in front of me. But I didn't want to get up. So I went to the Netflix website instead. End of confession.

No comments: