Thursday, August 03, 2006

8/3/06 Hurricane Season

My dad sends a hurricane simulation. After watching this, I think most people would opt to leave their homes.

I hear from Cousin Lisa maybe once every couple of months. Which is cute, since she's the only person to ask permission to get a link on the website here. She sends a story of a stolen driver's license.

I went a little YouTube crazy today. I found 2 videos that I really liked.

1) The Ding Ding Dong song. (It's sort of not safe for work. I'd opt to open it at home if I were you).

2) The Daily Show's take on Mel Gibson's DUI and the media coverage.

--------

For those interested in the WSOP, Pro Player Pete remains alive in the World Series of Poker main event. I posted earlier that he survived day one and built his stack from 10,000 to 32,500. Since then, I received emails from poker Jason during day 2. The first email said that Pete was down to 14,000. I got a call around 10:45 last night saying that Pete was back up to about 80,000 chips. He survived day 2 with somewhere around 86,000 chips (I forget the exact amount). And there are less than 1200 players remaining. They start getting paid at place 873. Payouts start at over $14,000, with the winner taking home $12 million. So he's doing well and has a healthy chip stack. Also, if you're into reading poker blogs and getting into the minds of the players, here's one for ya. (Articles written by PR are Pro Player Pete's).

-------

Finally (and mercifully), our softball season came to an end. We won 2 games all season, both by forfeit. And this last game was our best, since we didn't get slaughtered. I pitched for the first time in more than a month, since our other pitcher was gone. Much to my surprise, I did well, not walking anyone. We had a 1-2-3 first inning. In fact, we had another 1-2-3 inning in the fifth (we should have had another if it wasn't for an error). It's not like me to brag much, but I made a couple of spectacular defensive plays, including catching one of those comebackers that you can hear cutting through the air. At the plate, I walked, which may have been the first walk our team had all season. We only lost 15-6, which, for us, was a huge moral victory. We'll be back in the fall. And they promised to put us in the lowest league, so hopefully we'll remain competitive and maybe win a game or two.

No comments: