Wednesday, February 09, 2005

2/9/05 Dr. Marvin! I'm Sailing!

I just went on one of the more crazy adventures in my life. I am writing about it to explain why I didn't post anything yesterday. My neighbor just bought a yacht and needed to move it "down the coast". So we (four of us total) drove up to Ventura last night, slept on the boat for a few hours, woke up at 4:45 am, and started sailing. Well, the plan was to sail, but there was zero wind just about all day. So we used the little putting outboard motor for 14 of the 17 hours. It was really frickin' cool. I learned more today than I have in a long time. But it's the kind of learning you can only really experience firsthand. But after 120-some odd nautical miles, we're back and alive and well.

The only link I have before I hit the hay is very confusing.

No comments: